Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello, 2013!

For 2012, I set out to do the following:
  • grow our own food again (see examples...here, here)
  • eat locally more (examples...here, here, here, here)
  • learn how to can (examples...here, here)
  • simplify more (we’ve Craigs listed, donated, and given away lots of stuff this year)
  • act the way I want to feel (I believe this helped especially during my last MS flair-up.)
  • and take a photo every day (see all of the 2012 photos here)

I think I did a pretty good job at fulfilling those resolutions. 2012 will probably be the year that is known in history as revolutionary for our entire family. We made big changes to the way we eat and the way we live. We even started raising chickens! While I don’t know what 2013 holds, I do know a lot is going to have to happen to be able to top 2012.

For the coming year I am making the following resolutions:

  • Read at least one book a month.
  • Try to be more intentional about all of my purchases by buying used, local, fair trade, etc.
  • Write to our Compassion sponsored kids at least once a month.
  • Run in a Color Run.
  • Be more hospitable by inviting people into our home more often.

In some ways the list seems too easy, especially compared to last year, but I think that’s what I need right now. We’ll see if I can be as successful this year as last!

No comments:

Post a Comment