Friday, August 31, 2012

A Post of Randomness

A few random things not worthy of a post of their own...

We got the fall garden planted last weekend. 
We are hoping our seeds will peak through the soil any day now.

 For the last year, I have had breast pump accessories drying beside our sink. I exclusively pumped at least four to five times a day to stay off of MS medication. Two days before Silas turned a year old, I pumped for the very last time. I was sad and happy all at the same time. I think though that I was most excited about not having pump equipment on my counter.
  

 I started back to school this week. After a three year break, I'm finally going back to finish my Master's degree. Three years ago I was busy writing a thesis. It was the only thing I had left for a degree in Literacy. Then I had kids. Priorities changed. I decided to retake the last 6 hours and just do the Literacy Project. I don't usually take the easier way out, but in this case I'm hoping for the quicker, easier way. I'm ready to be finished.

  We've been trying new recipes like crazy around here. 
Last week I was averaging two new recipes a day. 
Today I made an apple and cheddar frittata.

I love this photo of Silas hanging out under the dining room table.

 Bryan built the chickens a new ladder. They seem to like it.

 I've started running again. So has Bryan.

 Bryan brought me home a latte from our favorite coffeehouse. He walked in and ordered a latte. 
We go there so often they knew the latte wasn't for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment