Friday evening, we went to bed knowing that there could be some severe weather throughout the night. Sure enough the weather rolled in and the chaos began.
The 1st Half of Saturday's Highlights:
- Woke up at 3 a.m because of tornado sirens
- Watched the news, listened to the thunder, hail, rain, and sirens from 3 a.m until 5 a.m.
- Slept from 5 a.m. until 9 a.m.
- Woke up again to tornado sirens
- Saw on the news the possible tornado heading to the community where my parents live and where we were staying
- Packed a bag and we all headed to the neighbor's storm shelter
- Exited storm shelter after 30 minutes of being in very close quarters with 15 other people, 2 dogs, and one unhappy baby boy
- Drove a few feet down the road where we reached a ton of water gushing over the road so we couldn't make it back to my parent's house
- Headed to the neighbor's house to wait out the storm and the flooding waters
- Enjoyed a big breakfast at the neighbor's house that was cooked before the electricity went out (I can only hope that I have a chance to be as hospitible as these neighbors one day.)
- Returned to my parent's house 3 hours later once we were able to drive on the road again