Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Give Thanks" Board

When our office went from one look to another last year before transforming into Seth's big boy room, our cute bulletin board got stashed in the basement until I could come up with another use for it. Well it has a new home and for this month it has a new purpose. Our big hallway has been turned into an office area. So on one of the walls I hung the frame I love so dearly. Because turquoise wasn't jiving too well in the hallway, I spray painted the frame brown and replaced the fabric covered cork with chicken wire. Most of the time it serves as a message board, but for this month I thought it would be fun for it to be a "Give Thanks" board.
I found a leaf template that I liked and printed it out.
Then using some fall colored paper, I traced and cut out enough leaves for each day of the month. I attached all of the leaves along with a "Give Thanks" sign using mini clothespins. Each night we each say something we are thankful for and add it to one leaf. At the end of the month I am going to put all the leaves in an envelope and add it to our memory box.
Hopefully our "Give Thanks" board can become a tradition. I just think it will be so neat to look back on all the things we were thankful for each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment