Saturday, April 23, 2011

Books and Crafts for Celebrating Easter

I thought as a reminder to myself and possibly to help others I would compile a list of Easter books and links to crafts that we are using to celebrate this year and hopefully in years to come.

Books
Some of these books I have had for years and others we have just added to our collection this year. I am always on the lookout for meaningful Easter and Christmas books so I am sure the collection will grow even larger over time.

The Parable of the Lily by Liz Curtis Higgs
The Story of the Resurrection Eggs: Benjamin's Box by Melody Carlson
The First Easter by Carol Heyer
My Easter Basket: And the True Story of Easter by Mary Manz Simon
The Story of Passover by Francis Barry Silberg
The Easterville Miracle by Melody Carlson

Several years ago I purchased a set of the Resurrection Eggs that you can buy at almost any Christian bookstore. I have had them in my stash of crafty stuff for a long time and we decided this year we would incorporate them into our Easter celebrations. I numbered them so that they would be easier to identify each day. Next year though I think we might move the items that are inside the eggs into numbered boxes and do something extra special with them each day leading up to Resurrection Sunday.

Here are some of the resources for ideas that we have tried to incorporate this year or hope to use when the boys are a little older.
He is Risen! Tomb Cake (will do this one this year if there is time)

For Future Years
Handprint Palm Branches for Palm Sunday (I just wish I had seen this idea sooner.)
Printable Easter Set
Last Supper Printable Set
Holy Week Banner
White Carnation/Red Dye
Lamb Name Cards














No comments:

Post a Comment