Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stir Craziness

Bryan's car wouldn't start last week. So after almost a week of barely leaving the house, I was about to go stir crazy. I could have taken Bryan to work each morning, but I love it when he comes home for lunch, and I could have dropped him off at work after lunch but that just didn't work out for one reason or another this week. What about Bryan's motorcycle, you ask? Some mornings it's been too cold and the one day that he did ride it to work, it started to rain. Staying at home seemed to solve all our dilemmas with transportation. This week though in particular Bryan was very, very busy. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights were filled with commitments away from home. So when I typically get lots of help and sometimes a much needed break during the evenings, I didn't get much of that this week, which added to the stir craziness.
After an uninterrupted seven hours of sleep, that's right seven hours, Seth and I were able to get out of the house this morning. We dropped off our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, we went by the bank, and made a quick trip to the library. It was so nice. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was enough to cure my need to get out of the house. Thankfully, Bryan was able to get his car (that he has had since he was 15) to run today. One day it's not going to be fixable, but we are hoping that day can be held off a little bit longer. In the mean time we are making do, and I am especially thankful that weeks like the past one don't happen that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment