Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Enjoying Life

I know it's been a while, but we have been staying busy and enjoying life for the last little while. Here's a recap of some of the things that have been going on...

Last week we enjoyed Thanksgiving with our families in Jackson. Seth sure did love staying with and being around Nana and Pop (my parents) and Uncle Michael.





Seth got to meet Memaw during this trip and got to see Pepaw again (my grandparents).




Seth also loved visiting with Granna and Papa (Bryan's parents).

We ate lots and lots between last Thursday and Sunday. Speaking of eating, we tried out our new roasting pan that I got on sale at Macy's on Saturday. I did not go shopping on Black Friday again this year and I was so glad because I got the same deals on Saturday without the crazy crowds. I also picked up a few cooking ideas from family members and hope to try some new recipes soon.

Yesterday we decorated the house for Christmas. I really debated over whether to decorate because I didn't want to fall into that whole consumerism thing like I mentioned last year and I am reading the book The Irristible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne. Reading that right before Christmas definitely puts a whole new perspective on things.

Today I finally hung the four matted prints that have been sitting in our bedroom for almost 3 years. I am not sure what exactly we were waiting on. Maybe a bed? I think we will be waiting a lot longer thanks to having to buy a car.

That's right, the explorer has died. We are currently looking for a very cheap, and I mean cheap vehicle.

A discover yesterday will help us save some money. I found my missing pairs of pants. Yay!

I picked up some felt tonight and some fabric over the weekend because I have some sewing projects planned for the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for more on that.

Life is fun right now. Seth is growing and changing each day. He smiles so much and can make the /g/ sound and /oo/ sound amongst his cooing and giggling. He has also slept through the night for the past six out of seven nights. It is wonderful!!


We are so blessed and have so many things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment