1. Choose your vegetable or fruit to puree.
2. Wash thoroughly, peel (if needed) and chop.
3. Don't throw out the peels! Add them to the compost pile.
5. Place in the food processor or food mill (use a food mill when there are skins such as with sweet peas or corn) to puree until desired consistency. Add water if needed to make it smoother.
6. Immediately place in ice trays to flash freeze. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer.
7. When vegetable or fruit is frozen, remove from ice cube trays and place in a freezer bag. Label the bag with the name of the vegetable or fruit and the date.
Each ice cube holds one ounce of baby food. You can buy special ice cube trays made specifically for freezing baby food in two ounce amounts but they definitely cost more than $1.50 for a pack of two. Since these cubes are only one ounce, we can mix and match flavors once Seth is eating beyond just simple purees.