Sunday, March 14, 2010

Firsts

It seems as if Bryan and I are always saying "Seth's first... and fill in the blank." We thought it would be fun to start a recurring firsts post. The funny thing is, sometimes we have new experiences and firsts of our own, so I thought I would try to include some of them, too.

Seth's Firsts:
  • Seth rode in a grocery cart like a big boy for the first time.

  • He was also confused for a girl for the first time (and he was wearing outfit above). I guess it had to happen eventually.
  • Seth imitated the short /a/ sound after we had been practicing for several weeks. He has only done it three or four times, but it was super cool when he did.
Bryan's Firsts:
  • Bryan took me to a Thai restaurant for dinner one night this week.
  • For the first time EVER Bryan did not complain at all when I gave him his annual Spring haircut.

Before


After

Stephanie's Firsts:
  • I tried Thai food for the first time this week.
  • I cooked mustard greens and tried them for the first time.
  • I made several batches of baby food purees, including carrots, sweet peas, pears, and parsnips so far.
  • I made banana bread for the first time. (Apparently is was a big week in the kitchen for me.)
  • I bought a yellow purse for myself. I don't usually pick yellow things, but it was just so adorable and screamed SPRING.

No comments:

Post a Comment