Saturday, February 6, 2010

I-Spy...

I spy some eggs...


I spy some eyes, or potato chips, or pencils...


I spy a finished quilt!!!!


That's right, my first real quilt. Sewn, quilted, and bound. I definitely learned a lot about quilting during this project and let's just say that this I-Spy definitely has a lot of character (in other words, mistakes), but I hope that Seth enjoys it in the coming months. I have learned that quilting takes a lot of time and hard work. I learned that I really need a walking foot. I found out after I had quilted mine that some of the bunching and struggles I had, would not have happened if I had invested in a walking foot. I learned that quilting definitely takes practice and I can't wait to get started on something new!

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful.......We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! A quilt that my Granny made me is one of my most prized posessions!

    I like that it's an "I Spy" quilt too.. Whoever knew a quilt could be fun? hah

    ReplyDelete