Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homemade Moby Wrap


I like using slings, carriers, etc. when I am out and about because Seth is getting heavier and heavier by the day and carrying him in his baby car seat is getting harder and harder (for me). I like using my Infantino baby carrier when I go out, and I mostly use a ring sling when I am at home. Sometimes the Infantino baby carrier gets uncomfortable if I wear it for a while and it jiggles Seth a lot when I do a lot of walking, so I knew I had to find something better to use when doing lots of moving and walking (like on a disc golf course). I came up with a homemade Moby wrap. Homemade because it is super easy to make and very, very inexpensive. I tried it out today on the disc golf course because the weather was so nice and Seth and I loved it! Here's how to make your own:

1. Purchase between 5 and 6 yards of jersey knit material. (I purchased 5 yards and probably should have purchased 5 and 1/4 yards but five yards still worked. I bought jersey knit that was 50% cotton, 50% polyester. It provides just a little bit more stretchiness. It was $2.00 a yard, but Wal-mart had some designs for $1.50 a yard.)
2. Lay your fabric flat and fold it up so that you can cut it down the middle lengthwise. Once you do this you will then have two wraps that are 5 yards long.
3. Go to the Moby website and learn all the different ways you can use your wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment