Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feeling the Love

When I was still teaching, there was a house that I would pass by twice a day, once on my way to work and once on my way back home, on my hour commute. I absolutely loved this house. There really wasn't anything all that fancy or fantastic about the house, but I could tell that the family that lived in the house had fun. Every holiday, and I mean every holiday all the windows and doors were decorated. It was decked in ornaments and wreaths at Christmas, hearts were dangling from every window as Valentine's Day approached, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, Independence Day, you name it, it was decorated. I always loved passing by it.
I am not too big on decorating the outside of the house unless of course it involves flowers, but I love to decorate the inside. In hopes of making my home feel as fun as that house on Covington Street, I thought I would find easy ways to decorate for SOME of the holidays and each season.
Here's how we are feeling the love at the Tillery household in addition to the heart garland:

Heart cookie cutters on red ribbon above the kitchen sink.
I felt cookie cutters were appropriate for the kitchen. This could become a trend.


Felt roses and red tealight votives (also used at Christmas) on the mantle


I traded in my coffee beans for heart candy in the glass candle holders on the dining room table. Heart candy is cheap. :)


Last but certainly not least, the heart shaped candy inspired candy dish that was given to me a few years ago by a student.


No comments:

Post a Comment