Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tillery Tot School: Letter Z

We made it through the entire alphabet! I started Tot School with Seth just after he turned two. I'm proud of all that he has learned so far. 
This past week we learned about the letter "Z." 
Here's a look at our Tot School board:
We drew zebra stripes on our letters this week.
 
We made a zebra using some black foam, some wiggly eyes, and a paper plate.
 We practiced drawing zig zags.
  
We made a zoo using some animal stickers. We wrapped yarn around the Styrofoam tray to make it look more like a zoo. (You can see a finished version on the Tot School board above.)
We relied on these three books this week: I Can Zip, Put Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire, and Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman.
 
We made a zebra using the letter Z.
We also made a zipper using the letter Z.
 
I've been asked by several people what we will do next now that we are finished with all of the letters. To be honest, I am not really sure yet. I know we will continue learning, but for the next few weeks it might be a little more unstructured. 
 So stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment