Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Goals

I know we are still quite a few days away from the official first day of summer, but I feel the need to do some summer goal setting now.

  • I have never been a huge fan of swimming or laying out or typical outdoor summery things, but I have always loved Summer Reading Challenges. So my first summer goal has two parts.
  • A. I would like to read at least 5 books. That might seem like a small number, but I think that might actually be sadly realistic.
  • B. Our library put out a list of 100 Books Every Child Should Read Before Kindergarten. I thought it would be fun each summer from now until Seth starts school to try to read through all of them. I don't think it will be hard, because we read at least one or two books everyday anyway. We already own a lot of them and we can just pick up a few each week at the library when we go to story time.
  • At least for the month of June, I am going to try to do the Sit-Up Challenge. I saw it floating around on Facebook. I didn't join any groups, but I thought it would be interesting to do. Basically you do sit-ups every day and keep track of how many you do.
  • Get back to drinking 64 ounces or more of water each day. I used to carry my water bottle everywhere when I was teaching. I always drank plenty each day but for some reason I have stopped. I want to get back into that good habit.
  • During the month of July, I would like to participate in No Spend Month.
  • I would like to learn how to do canning. I just might need this skill if the garden continues to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment