Thursday, December 31, 2009

No Resolutions

I am not sure why it always seems as if things are ending right around this time of year when in reality not much really changes at all as a new year rolls around. We make resolutions or goals or whatever you want to call them. We have good intentions and sometimes we follow through with what we want for the new year and sometimes we don't. I don't think I am going to make any resolutions this year, because I was thinking about how much my life changed in 2009 and none of them had to do with resolutions. On Jan. 1, 2009 I did not know that I would be holding a baby boy in my arms right now and typing with just one hand. I did not know that I would no longer be teaching (at least in a school). I did not know that I would learn to sew and crochet. I did not know that we would have a new vehicle. Those are just a few things that come to mind.
Each year I realize how much more I am blessed to have family and friends that care so much. So many things have happened in 2009 and no matter how much I want to plan things out, I know that 2010 is going to be full of unplanned greatness.

1 comment:

  1. I like this. "Unplanned greatness" says it all!

    ReplyDelete