Thursday, October 11, 2012

Art for the Kitchen

We have lived in our home for five and a half years and for five and a half years we have had no art hanging in our kitchen. Our kitchen is pretty much a blank canvas. We have green walls, white cabinets, and an $8 clock from Wal-mart hanging above the doorway leading to the kitchen. Shortly after we moved in we replaced the appliances (all except the dishwasher) and we intended to replace the counter tops to a blackish/brownish tone. So far it hasn't happened and I'm not sure it ever will. We just kind of ignore the cream colored counter tops that stick out like a sore thumb in the room.
For the longest time, we had some cheap white curtains hanging on the three windows in the room, but recently we got new curtains. We went from plain white to pops of lots of color. Orange, pink, blue, green, yellow, and purple flowers adorn our windows now. I have to say I have been so pleased with the $30 change (the curtains are from Lowes).
With the addition of the new curtains, I felt it was time to finally add something to the walls. So when I saw this chicken print floating around Pinterest, I knew it would be a perfect and an appropriate addition to our kitchen. When I followed the link from Pinterest to Etsy, I noticed this print comes in many colors. I ordered the print in the color "stellar" which matches exactly to the blue colored flowers in our new curtains. A few days ago our print arrived in the mail. As soon as I opened it, I held it up to the wall where I had envisioned it going in a brown frame with a white mat.
 
Bryan looked at it, then looked at me, and said, "You love it, don't you?" I simply smiled and said, "Yes, yes I do."


No comments:

Post a Comment