Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tillery Tot School- Letter A

Last week we learned all about the letter "A"! We focused on apples, ants, alligators, and airplanes. We had a lot of fun and did lots of activities!
Here's a look at our Tot Board:
We decorated an "A" with apple stickers.
We cut an apple in half and made some apple prints.
With the other half we made a peanut butter and apple sandwich for our snack.
We used a small paper plate and made a half eaten apple.
I made a felt apple tree and we went apple picking one afternoon.
We turned a lower case "A" into an apple.
We used a bingo marker to make some more apple prints.
We also added green leaves to them to make them look more like apples.
We practiced pouring ants. This was a big hit!

I get most of my Tot School ideas from Pinterest. It's not very often that I come up with my own ideas anymore, but I did create this alligator on my own. We used a plastic tuna fish/crackers container, some green construction paper, green pom poms, googly eyes, and white paper for the teeth to make our alligator.
I think he turned out pretty cute!
We used tweezers to place apples on our apple tree.
We counted them and then we glued them in place.
We read about an airport and talked about airplanes.
We made paper airplanes and practiced throwing them around the house.
We also practiced building a snowman this week using
our felt snowman set that I made for our Winter Celebration...
and we played with a magnet and pipe cleaners.
It was a fun, filled week!
Next week we are moving on to the letter "B"!

No comments:

Post a Comment