Friday, February 10, 2012

From My Nightstand


For a while I really avoided reading. It just wasn't very fun. Now that I have adjusted to seeing the world a little bit differently that I used to, I have gotten back into reading again. Here's what's been on my nightstand lately:

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
This one is a must read! We were already on our way to simplifying, but this book really made us think. Yes, even Bryan read this one. It is that good!

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis
This true story was so inspiring and convicting.

The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden

I felt like reading a classic. It was a cute story. Not my favorite book by any means, but I am glad I read it.

The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule

I was looking forward to reading this one so much and ended up not being very impressed. It was alright, but I'm glad I checked it out from the library and didn't actually buy it.

The Art of Eating In: How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove
by Cathy Erway
This was a fascinating read. It motivated me to try to cook even more.

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
by Gretchen Rubin
I read this book because it was recommended by a fellow blogger. I would like to think I am generally a happy person, but this book has really helped me to be intentionally happy.

Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
I'm reading this one right now. So far it's been really good.

Some of my favorite kid finds have been these lately:

Groundhog Weather School by Joan Holub


and

The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village
by Francis Chan


Have you been reading any good books lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment