Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Orange Chair

On Saturday I spotted the orange chair I have been longing for. I was checking out at one of the local consignment shops and turned around and saw it. My heart fluttered just a bit because I was so giddy. The shop had already closed and I was the last customer, but I asked if I could go take a look at the chair. I was just praying the price was affordable. It had a $75.00 price tag. It was in excellent condition except for one small tear on the back of it, but it was still a lot of money for a chair.
Bryan stopped by to take a look at the chair yesterday on his lunch break. After some discussion last night, he went back today to purchase it for me. He was able to talk the owner of the shop down to $60.00.
This morning I posted our old chair on Craigslist. I got an email from an interested buyer within minutes and we sold our old chair tonight for $25.00.
So for $35.00, we went from this...
to this...
I think it was $35.00 well spent. I couldn't be happier.

1 comment: