Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fun with Water

In my attempt to not be a total slacker mom at the end of this pregnancy, I have tried to provide some water fun for Seth. We usually play outside later in the day when it doesn't seem quite so hot, but it is still plenty hot to have fun with water and even ice.

First, we made ice sailboats using water-filled disposable cups, straws, and paper for the sails. Once the water was frozen and we attached our triangle sails, we were ready to play.
The boats didn't last long before melting, but then Seth had fun splashing around.
Then he decided he needed to cool off from all that playing and before long he was completely wet...
Not to let any water go to waste, we watered all of our flowers before heading in for a bath.
Over the weekend, when Nana visited so that she could attend my baby shower, I asked if she could go with us to the water park. So Saturday evening we took advantage of the half-price dusk prices and went to swim. It was miserably hot for me because I refused to buy a maternity swimsuit for just a few times that I would have needed it this summer, but they had a great time.
Then probably the easiest, icy fun activity we have done involved some spoons, a few trucks, and a $1.59 bag of ice from Sonic.
Not only was the pebble ice fun to scoop and play with, it was also fun to eat.
Yay for water fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment