Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two Trips to Franklin

It had been a long time since I have been to Franklin, TN. But, within the past week I have been to visit twice. Tuesday was my sweet friend, Carmella's birthday. To celebrate we met some of her friends for some shopping and lunch. We ate at Puckett's and then went window shopping in the shops on Main Street. Four girls with four babies in strollers were quite a sight to see. We had a wonderful day!
Carmella and Me

Katie, Me, Carmella, and Sylvia with our four babies
Then a few days later, my mom and I met in Nashville and then headed down to Franklin to the Williams-Sonoma store in the Cool Springs Galleria. We got to meet Bakerella!!! After Angie Dudley, also known as Bakerella, announced she was going to have a Cake Pops cookbook, I knew I wanted to get one. I purchased it right after it was released and then noticed she was doing a book signing in Nashville. Because of the stipulations from Williams-Sonoma I had to purchase a book from their store to get it signed, but they did allow me to get my other copy signed too. So mom and I both got autographed books! Bakerella is just as sweet as she looks on her website and she was willing to answer each and every question that was asked. It was such a pleasure to meet a famous-to-me blogger.
After the book signing, mom and I did some shopping at the mall and then enjoyed a couple more hours shopping in Franklin. We even found cupcake earrings at a cute little shop that we bought to commemorate the day! On my way home from the second trip to Franklin, I couldn't help feeling so thankful for the family and friends that are in my life and how much fun they are to be around!

1 comment: