Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crocheting Success

If at first you don't succeed in the crocheting world...

try,

try again.


A few years ago my Memaw showed all of the granddaughters how to crochet. I sat amazed. I went out and bought some crocheting needles a few days later and gave it a try. I gave up after just a few short minutes, hoping to try again later. Fast forward to a couple months ago and I sat with my Memaw again, this time determined to pick up the crocheting skills that she once used for so many beautiful creations. Unfortunately, because of her declining health, she wasn't able to show me more than a few stitches. When I got home, I broke out the crocheting needles and some red yarn and tried to remember what I had seen a few years ago. I came up with a tight triangular mess. Then I tried starting again. I seemed to be a bit closer but I was doing something wrong, I just didn't know what exactly.
So, what do you do if you need to learn a new skill? You turn to You Tube, of course. After watching several videos, I was able to master a single crochet stitch.
I am super excited about crocheting now!
I have already made my mom a scarf and I am currently working on a different type of scarf for myself.

Crocheting is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment