Thursday, September 17, 2009

And Then There Were Three

After a very long induction process, it was decided because of Seth's increasingly slowing heart rate, that my water should be broken and if a c-section was needed then we would just have to go that route. Having your water broken is a very strange feeling. I can't imagine having that happen in public. It was very, very strange. The contractions continued and kept getting stronger, but there was still no progression. The head was not dropping.
It was decided that a c-section was our best option because we had to get Seth out. So close to 7 p.m. Tuesday evening I was wheeled down to the operating room and at 7:32 p.m. Seth Bryan Tillery was born. The whole c-section process wasn't as bad as I was expecting but I only got to see our baby boy for a few seconds before Bryan and several of the nurses took care of him during his skin-to-skin time. I was glued back together (that sounds funny but that is literally what happened) and then I was wheeled off to recovery for about an hour and a half.
When the three of us were finally all back together again, we couldn't have been happier. I was not in a lot of pain, Bryan was a complete natural, and baby Seth was just perfect. He is such a beautiful baby.
The three of us have been getting to know each other for the past day and a half and we get to go home tonight. This is going to be an amazing phase of our lives.


Proof that Bryan did not pass out. :)
Bryan was absolutely amazing and is the best daddy ever.


Getting cleaned up


One minute old, 7 pounds, 4 ounces, 20.5 inches long


They let me see Seth for just few seconds before his skin-to-skin time with Bryan.


The first time I got to hold our baby boy.


Right after the 3 of us were reunited. I could literally barely keep my eyes open, but I was still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment