Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Louisville Color Run

The Color Run, it's something I've wanted to do for almost a year now. Yesterday was the day that I fulfilled a new year's resolution and got to enjoy the happiest 5K on the planet.
  
We left the house at 4 a.m. to get to Louisville, KY in time. 
There were lots and lots of people, actually around 10,000 participants.
  
The Color Run is not a race. It's for all ability levels and it's not timed, so calling it a Color Run is actually not an accurate picture of what it really is. They should call it the color walk, because there were very few runners and it was very difficult to run with that many people walking. I did my best to maintain a slow jog, but when I went through the color stations, where volunteers would throw colored cornstarch on you or beside the two water tables they had set up, I had to walk.
  The real color came at the end where there was pretty much a huge party of color.
 It was a fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment