Friday, November 16, 2012

Backyard Bounty: Broccoli

This is the first of hopefully many backyard bounty posts. With the fall garden thriving and the hope of lots of homegrown foods next year, I thought it was time to showcase what we have growing.
First up...broccoli.
After an unsuccessful attempt two years ago, I wasn't giving up on growing one of my favorite cruciferous vegetables.
As it turns out, I just didn't know enough about gardening back then. Broccoli loves cool weather and grows a lot better in the fall and early spring.
We are eating more than we are cutting right now, but if we can get ahead then I would like to add some to the freezer. If not, we'll just eat it fresh from the garden. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stacy, we planted broccoli transplants that I found at Ace Hardware at the end of August.

      Delete