Thursday, December 22, 2011

Learning Fun

Throughout the month, when we aren't doing Christmas crafts, Seth has been playing with a few favorite things. It just so happens that most of those things help him learn one skill or another.

Here's what he's been up to lately...

Working Puzzles
I am always on the lookout for puzzles at Consignment shops and thrift stores.
Usually I can find one or two for less than $1.00.
This is the newest one...
I also got a Melissa and Doug clock puzzle to use with a tutoring client that is having trouble telling time. Seth spotted it and wanted to give it a try.
Lacing
I found a lacing card at Mighty Dollar recently.
Seth likes playing with it.
Coloring
I found a little Color Wonder marker and paper set on clearance (similar to this one but designed for traveling) the other day. I have been interested in these mess free color wonder markers for a while but didn't know how well they would work. Seth was a little frustrated at first because the color doesn't appear instantly. You have to wait a second or two and then the color starts appearing, but once he learned how it worked, he was a big fan. I might even invest in a full size set.
Playing with Magnets
This is a Melissa and Doug animal set.
He likes to name all of the animals and he is just so cute doing it, too.
Then as I was cleaning out our Tot School basket, Seth found our color matching activity lying on his bed ready to be disassembled. I left the room for just a second and when I returned this is what I found. He had moved it to his table and had matched almost all of the sticks to the right color.
I'm so glad Seth thinks learning is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment