Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Stay-at-Home Pop

If you know my parents at all then you know that they are head over heels in love with their grandson, Seth. A few days ago as I was scanning over the most recent facebook statuses, I saw my dad's status on my feed.It read: "I have decided what I want to be when I grow up. A stay at home Pop for Seth. I am a proud Pop."
My heart melted and I instantly knew my time away from Seth this past week meant that both my parents and he were having the time of their lives.
Back in February, I was asked to help out with this year's Kentucky Reading Project as a Teacher Leader. I participated in the 2007-2008 Kentucky Reading Project and have been so grateful for all that I learned that year during the project. I was completely honored to even be asked to help lead this year's project, and was not going to pass up such a huge opportunity in the realm of literacy. So since last Tuesday evening, Seth has been staying with Pop and Nana. Pop had some extra vacation days that he was able to use and has spent the last few days being a Stay-at-Home Pop, and Nana was able to join in on all the fun during the early afternoon each day. They played and played and Seth didn't miss us a bit. He had the best time and the phone calls, pictures, and videos prove it. Thank you Pop, Nana, and Uncle Michael!
(Oh, and Pop, Seth says you can be his Stay-at-Home Pop any time you like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment