Monday, June 20, 2011

Being Away

Being a stay-at-home mom is not something I take for granted. Out of the last 14 nights, Seth has spent 7 of those away from home. He has been enjoying time with both sets of grandparents and last week he spent his days enjoying the company of my sweet friend and her baby girl. While it hasn't phased Seth a bit, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I did fine at first, while he was spending time with Nana and Pop. But after being away from him for several days I think it only made the next week harder. As I dropped Seth off each day at our friend's house, in order for me to spend my days teaching and assisting during the Kentucky Reading Project, I began to feel the toll of being away from my boy. I felt as if I was missing out on everything. Even though I picked him up before 4 p.m. each day I was saddened by how little time I got to spend with him before it was time for him to go to bed each night. By the time we dropped him off on Saturday, so that he could spend these last few days of the Project with his Granna and Papa, I was an emotional mess. My heart has been aching because I miss the little guy so much. Luckily, Seth has been in great and loving hands throughout this whole process. He has adapted to each and every situation without any problems and I am so thankful that he has been able to grow close to both sets of grandparents. I am also glad that he has had so much fun with so many new experiences. While I don't regret participating in this very short-term (in the grand scheme of things) opportunity, I have realized just how thankful I am to be able to stay home to raise our son (and very soon our children).
The last day of the Project is tomorrow and as soon as we pack up all of the boxes in our classroom, I am heading to Nashville to pick up our sweet boy and I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment