Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Extravaganza 2010

For the last few weeks I have been crafting away all in anticipation for the big Holiday Extravaganza at Hiseville Elementary School. In addition to some of the other crafty things that I made before Thanksgiving, this week I made:
tissue covers from leftover fabric scraps that I had, peppermint topiaries,
an adorable owl pendant necklace,
a red rosette wreath,
and a dried oranges wreath.
The big sale was yesterday evening. My friend Carmella and I were so excited. We had put a lot of time, effort, and money into our first craft fair endeavor. We arrived plenty early and set up our cute table. We didn't have the greatest spot in the school's gym and it definitely wasn't a 12 x 12 space, but we made do with our situation and luckily our neighbors gave up a bit of space to help us have a little walkway to our colorful corner. Attendance for the event was not as great as I was hoping and so sales were a bit lacking. We did learn a few things though throughout the night. People like food and in that area people love the country looking stuff (I really should have known). Our neighbor had a whole bunch of primitive styled stuff and it sold like wildfire even with the limited number of people attending. There was a cupcake lady and she sold a ton of cupcakes. My cake pops were my bestseller. I actually made my first dollar selling a cake pop! The rest of the evening I sold 7 more cake pops, the owl necklace, one of the Christmas Tree in a Jar necklaces, and a sparkly red ring. My friend Carmella sold one hair bow out of all the mesh wreaths and hair bows that she had made. So we were a little bummed especially since we still had a ton of stuff left. But to look on the bright side, we had fun spending time together, we had fun crafting, and we had enough initiative to give the whole selling our own stuff at least one try. Looks like now everyone I know will be getting a flowerpot bubble gum machine, a wreath, or a crayon tote for Christmas and every other special occasion for the next little while. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment