Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome, 2014!

I used to not make resolutions. And while I still enjoy the unexpected,  I feel like I have really thrived the past couple years having a few goals to accomplish. 

Last January I set out to...


  • Try to be more intentional about all of my purchases by buying used, local, fair trade, etc. (see more here)
  • Write to our three Compassion sponsored kids at least once a month. (I failed at this one. I only wrote to them four times each.)
  • Be more hospitable by inviting people into our home more often. (We were, but we can always improve on this one.)

Here's what I'm looking forward to in 2014...
  • learn to play more than Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Mary Had a Little Lamb on the dulcimer
  • crochet (an acceptable to me) Granny square
  • finish touring the distilleries on the Bourbon Trail (we only have two left)
  • read more books than I read last year
  • harvest honey from our own bee hive (which means we are going to start keeping bees!)
  • grow a successful crop of brussels sprouts
  • bake a delicious gluten-free bread from scratch
  • go backpacking
  • make kimchi 
It's going to be an amazing new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment