Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Lemon Tree Challenge: Conclusion

Two years ago I embarked on a challenge to grow a lemon tree from a seed and keep it alive. If I could keep it alive for two years, then Bryan agreed we could buy a 2 to 3 year old Meyer lemon tree which costs about $50 before shipping costs. Well it's the end of March and I did it. I kept it alive for two whole years and it's still growing! There is just one problem. I don't want to buy a lemon tree anymore. Why buy one, when I already have one growing in my kitchen? Bryan commented on the very first post I made about the challenge. He said, "You'll be over it in 2 years, so I'm not cutting the check just yet." He was right, like he is about so many things. My two year lesson taught me a ton about patience and a whole lot about contentedness. I think instead of buying an expensive new tree, I'll just buy a bigger pot for the one I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment