Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

Today I went from this...
to this...
That's right, I got glasses. Not just reading glasses, but I can't see as well anymore glasses. I had been complaining for a while that I couldn't see as well, but I was told by two different doctors it could be pregnancy related (before Silas was born) or hormone related. Last Saturday I really noticed it when I looked across the room at a party and I could barely make out a person's face. Thinking I was going blind in my good eye, I immediately went to the eye doctor on Monday. After examining me thoroughly and seeing no sign of swollen nerves, I was thankfully told that it was probably just a need for glasses. Just to be on the safe side I saw my eye doctor from Vanderbilt on Tuesday. Sure enough I needed glasses. I took a refraction test today and within a few hours (thanks to LensCrafters) I had glasses that correct my 20/50 vision in my left eye. As for my right eye there is just a piece of glass in there, because I still can only make out blurry fingers about two feet away (and that will probably never change). I never realized how poor my vision was until I look through my new glasses. I can see clearly now (at least in one eye) and it sure is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment