Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Arbor Day: Be Prepared for a Transplant

There is a saying that I love, "Grow where you're planted." I have to constantly remind myself of that right now, because I am having a hard time living and growing where I'm planted. You see, we live in the middle of the city. We don't have a huge yard. I am very content with the house that we have made into a cozy home, but we need and want more land. We don't plan to stay here forever, but a lot of things have to happen before we can move. Bryan mentioned something the other day that I really needed to hear. We need to "grow where we're planted, but be prepared for a transplant."
So when it came to Arbor Day, we had to get a little creative. We wanted something that could be transplanted. I already had a two year old blueberry bush growing in a pot. This year I added a raspberry bush, a kiwi tree, and a brown turkey fig tree to the mix. They are all in pots and ready to be transplanted when we eventually make the move to the country.
Every time I go outside and see these bushes and trees on the deck, 
I'm reminded to grow where I'm planted. 
They are a reminder that it's the best I can do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment