Thursday, May 5, 2011

Silas: 25 Weeks


Today marks 25 weeks in this second pregnancy. I went in on Tuesday for my regular monthly check-up and for my glucose test. Dr. D did his first belly measurement, my anemia levels looked good, and then the moment I was dreading came. Since I had gestational diabetes last time around, there was a strong chance that I would have it this time too. I was supposed to get a 140 or less on the blood test. I ended up getting a 144. Slightly over, but since I did so well maintaining my diet and blood sugar levels last time, Dr. D said I could just watch what I eat and skip the 5 times a day blood testing. I just about jumped up to hug him. If Silas starts measuring big though, I will have to start doing the finger pricking.
I have been feeling Silas move a lot more. Now it's easy to feel kicks and movements from the outside, too. Bryan even felt him move for the first time almost a couple of weeks ago. Because we didn't get a great profile picture at 21 weeks, we went back a couple weeks later for another ultrasound. We got that sweet little profile picture which looks very similar to Seth's by the way. But, we also got this cute image. Silas is already picking up traits from my side of the family. Below he has his arms above his head, a position that both Seth and myself are commonly found doing while sleeping.
Mark your calendars, because Silas' birthday will be August 8th unless he decides to surprise us before then. The C-section is scheduled and we are just giddy about his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment