Sunday, February 13, 2011

Calling in the Reinforcements

We had to call in the reinforcements today. Reinforcements, meaning my mom. When I went in to for my next round of IV steroid treatments today (really yesterday but I have been up just about all night so it seems like still today) the nurse insisted that I keep a Hep-lock in (I think that is what it is called.) because my veins are so shot from this past week's treatments and all the bloodwork they did at Vanderbilt. So until Monday I have an IV stuck in the bend of my right hand. It is all wrapped up and I can barely do anything with it because every movement causes a shooting pain to go into my hand. I can't pick up my baby boy. I can't use a fork easily. I can barely type. Because of this we knew it was time for some help. Mom arrived this evening and is staying through Tuesday to help out and we are so thankful. Just tonight she watched Seth while Bryan and I went to dinner and then went to stock up on groceries. We also made a quick trip to buy a humidifier after a very scary and long nose bleed at 3 a.m. Friday morning. After talking with Dr. Kim at Vanderbilt, who called while I was receiving my IV treatment, we learned it was more than likely just a side effect from the steroids. He also mentioned all the test results are in except for one that he will know the results of by Tuesday when I see him again. All the results are negative which he assumed they would be. He mentioned the MRI was not normal but we already knew that. We might have more news about specifics pertaining to it once we meet with a neurologist at Vanderbilt. As for the the overall soreness from Thursday's procedures, it is going away or maybe it is being helped by this new dose of steroids. I am not sure, but it sure was nice to be able to get out and do some somewhat normal things tonight. I am thankful for each and every blessing and just know that every prayer, act of kindness, or encouraging word is not going unnoticed. Believe me I am blessed beyond belief.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad all those test results were negative. I am praying for you every day. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stephanie! I've been on a blogging break too and I'm just reading all of this. What a scary thing to go through!

    Sending lots of prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete