Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Day 5K

Thanksgiving morning Bryan, Matt (Bryan's brother), and I ran in the Turkey Day 5K in Jackson, TN. This was my second attempt at a 5K race. The other one was 5 years ago. I have to say I did much better this time around. (I look a whole lot different too. Just check out the picture in that post.) Being in a race atmosphere definitely helped my time since it was about 5 minutes faster than any 5K running I've done around the neighborhood. I was even able to maintain an 11:17/mile pace and finished in just under 35 minutes.
  
Bryan and Matt were speedy quick and finished with great times. Bryan finished in 21:58 with a 7:05/mile pace. After Bryan finished his run he came back and ran with me until I was close to the finish line. (He's sweet like that.) 
It was a fun morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment