Monday, July 25, 2011

Ready

We are two weeks away from having our second child. In the future when I look back on these last few weeks leading up to the birth of our son, I am afraid a few things are going to dominate my memories. I think I will remember swollen feet, a feeling of complete slackerness, and the heat, oh the horrible heat. Maybe it's because I am older this time around, maybe it's because I have a toddler now, maybe I am exhibiting some MS symptoms, or maybe I am just more of a wimp during this pregnancy, but I know one thing is for sure, I am pretty much useless right now. Within the last week I have become increasingly more uncomfortable. Since I have just been taking it easy I have not really had pain so much, but I just have no energy. I am more than ready to not be as huge as a whale anymore. I am ready to not dread cooking in the kitchen because of the heat and the fear that it might be a mess if I actually go into labor. I am ready for my feet to not be so swollen it hurts to walk. I miss our family walks and can't wait to take them again, as a family of four instead of three. More than anything I am just ready to be holding our baby in my arms and not be pregnant any more. Just two more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment